Tuesday 1 December 2009

Pinch, Punch, First of the Month (No Return)!

The first of December is always seen as the start of the run-up to Christmas. Not for me. My birthday is in twelve days' time, so I refuse to get involved with the great holiday season until I've had My Day.

My day for cake. My day for presents. My day for sitting in a bubble bath with a glass of Champagne, and then lazily getting ready for a posh dinner with Studley.

However, Studley has informed me he will be away on that day, and so I shall be alone. Bum.

What to do?

The thought of sitting alone at home on a Saturday night with just my knitting and a glass (or two) of Chardonnay for company is not my idea of a birthday celebration.

Studley suggests I should bring forward the annual Hand Wash Dry Flat staff dinner, which is held every year at a posh restaurant (dress code: smart-casual). He has always thought it a strange affair, since I am the only employee at Hand Wash Towers, but I have always believed that even if you are self-employed, that is no reason to exclude yourself from a darn good night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment