Thursday 14 January 2010

Don't Mention The Snow!


Don't want to talk about it.

Instead I want to thank Studley for a lovely holiday on the island of Jersey, Channel Islands. Very relaxing and good to see so many people I've missed over the past year.

Didn't get much done in the way of shopping as we usually do, but had a wonderful "STOP THE CAR!" moment as we were driving through Trinity.

A new yarn store. With Noro. Lots of Noro.

Only started last June, Marguerite Chapman's Country Wools is a lovely place, all warm and welcoming, and well worth a visit.

Country Wools
Haute Croix House
La Rue du Bechets es Cats
Trinity
Jersey JE3 5DQ

email: mchapman@jerseymail.co.uk

On the subject of knitting, I had hoped that this year would be the "Year of Little Things" - hats, socks, a real chance to stashbust, but then my poor WIPs and UFOs are staring at me, begging me to finish them. Maybe I should stifle my urge to cast on another 20-zillion projects, and complete them. Plus, I've made it on to Ravelympics Team GB, with no idea what project to choose.

Studley has kindly pointed out that the amount of yarn coming in to Hand Wash Towers does not equate with the amount of projects going out. He's already seen yet another bag of purchases from Mavis of Bushey sitting in the hallway.

"Knit faster, babe". He's just like Ranger from the Stephanie Plum novels.

So, one sock completed, another one cast on.


No comments:

Post a Comment